I have these thoughts every weekend that may or may not ever become full blog posts. Well maybe they’re not quite thoughts yet just some things I’m wondering about. I’m never really sure what to do with the questions. So maybe I’ll try a regular Monday morning post called ‘7 Wonders,’ and today is the first go at it. Some of the wonders may be serious, others, not so much…
- I wonder if UMC pastor appointment season should also be called ‘March Madness?’ I think we should start a fill-in-the-bracket competition predicting pastoral appointments. Submit as many brackets as you like, each for a $1, and we’ll give all the money we raise to Imagine No Malaria.
- I wonder if some people are inherently incapable of being nice on Facebook? Seriously folks, even if you vehemently disagree with someone, you can still be nice. Haven’t you seen ‘Roadhouse?’ some of the best advice ever!
- I wonder if the rigid polarization in our society at large began with politics and spilled over to the church? Or, if what I’m afraid might have happened, is that it started with the church.
- I wonder if anyone in the United Methodist Church knows the meaning of the term, ‘Arminian?’
- I wonder if anyone who said nice things after the sermon listened to it? Now, really, I know they did and that they were sincere with their compliment, however I sometimes wonder…
- I wonder how the ref in the Arizona vs. Wisconsin game got the nerve to call the charging foul on Nick Johnson? Seriously it was not a charge!! Bear Down Wildcats – Get ‘em next year! #aplayersprogram
- I wonder if it’s too late, after twenty something years, to get a Marine Corps tattoo?
Yep, just some of the things I’ve wondered about this last weekend. What are you wondering about?
Grace and Peace,